About the Artist
- John started drawing and painting since childhood; his first inspiration to art was through seeing his mom bring home oil paintings she worked on at art classes she was taking. John always had appreciation for fine art while having a high level of observation and curious, inquisitive nature. he has utilized his natural wonder and appreciation for life to create beautiful peices of art work of his own. The ocean was always an early inspiration for John, as he often went boogie boarding with his brothers and friends growing up in southern California.
- John's first lessons in fine art, were by watching artist Bob Ross paint on television. He learned to paint fairly quick after watching a few lessons on tv and applied what he learned on his first acrylic painting in 1993, entitled "Tropical Reunion".
- John continued taking art lessons in highschool from 1991 - 1994 while discovering artists like M.C. Escher and Robert Wyland.
- John painted his first sealife mural in his bedroom in 1993, inspired by some of Wyland's earlier work.
- John graduated in 1994; shortly before graduation, a friend of his saw a picture of his bedroom mural on a T-shirt he wore to school; he then asked John to paint a comissioned seascape / sealife mural in his own bedroom the following year. This is exactly the art study John wanted to paint, especially after seeing Robert Wyland's huge seascape/sealife murals.
- John started attending college in 1995 to further develope his skills in fine art; he also took a step in learning graphic design. John discovered that computer generated art was not nearly as intuitive as fine art, but that didn't stop him from continuing his education in computer graphics.
- John took a few years break from developing graphic design skills from 1996 - 1999 in order to concentrate on fine art and painting murals as a side business while, working full time teachng art lessons and care taking through different care programs.
- John took up where he left off in graphic design college courses in 2000 after observing for a few years how popular and demanding it has become.
- John took up 3D modeling and animation in 2001 shortly after seeing the first Shrek movie in theatres with his wife. He also tried his hand in 2D animation and video editing along side fine art which he still does today.
- Some of John's strengths in CG art and multimedia are video editing, graphic design, photo replenishing and visual effects. Most of John's work can be seen here on his website where he showcases most of his work as part of his portfolio presentation.
Thankyou for dropping in, Enjoy!
Website designed by: John Trimble
Copyright © Artistic Touch 1995-2016